ACRONYM is an organization committed to building political power and digital infrastructure for the progressive movement. We design and deploy strategic media, advertising and organizing programs to advance this mission and develop resources and trainings to empower other progressive organizations and campaigns to leverage digital tools, tactics and platforms to reach, inspire and mobilize people to take civic and political action. We believe in integrity, innovation, radical honesty, creative and measurable impact — and infuse those values into every program and partnership we take on.
To advance this work, ACRONYM is seeking an art director to oversee design and branding of the creative department. This full-time position and can be based in Washington DC, New York, Denver, or can be filled remotely for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5-7 years of creative experience, especially in digital channels
- 1+ years experience supervising team members
- Deep knowledge of web, print, and multimedia applications
- Command of HTML and CSS languages
- Ability to translate ideas into impact driven solutions
- A complete understanding of user experience and a passion for staying up on design trends
- A high creative quotient with the ability to present, generate and execute ideas with little or no direction
- A strong grasp of social media strategy and trends
- Experience in branding process, and upholding brand standards
- Experience working in a progressive political campaign environment desired but not required
- Provide guidance to design team to implement strategic conceptual thinking on all creative deliverables
- Communicate with senior management to develop an aesthetic and brand that reflects the organization’s core values and ideals
- Articulate creative briefs and brainstorms into desired creative outcomes
- Generate new creative solutions based on research, testing and analysis
- Ensure design team has access to creative tools and resources
- Inspect and ensure creative standards are being met by design team on all projects
- Effectively drive and promote a dynamic, innovative and self-motivated team culture
How to apply
Email email@example.com with a copy of your resume.
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign lab and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.
The salary band for this role starts at $100,000 and will be commensurate with experience. We believe in compensating hard work, talent and grit, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.