ACRONYM is an organization that specializes in digital organizing and marketing strategies to help create change and build progressive political power in the world. Our work empowers progressive organizations and campaigns to use digital tools and channels to reach, inspire and mobilize people to take action. We believe in integrity, innovation, and unabiding persistence — and those values guide the work that we do on every project we are grateful to partner on.
ACRONYM is seeking an advertising analytics director to build and lead our advertising analytics team. This is a full-time position and can be based in Washington DC, New York, Denver, or can be filled remotely for the right candidate. Click here to apply!
ADVERTISING ANALYTICS DIRECTOR
Reporting to: Chief Marketing Officer in the short term, VP of Data & Analytics once hired
Manages: Analytics staff, including Analysts and Associates
The ideal candidate will have:
- A successful track record of building and managing a variety of simultaneous multi-channel digital advertising analytics programs from start to finish that maximize results for acquisition, engagement, brand lift, and political objectives like persuasion, registration and turnout
- 10+ years-experience in data-driven, digital-first marketing
- Experience leading client and partner relationships with a focus strategic collaboration, expectation management, clear communication and smart recommendations based on analytics expertise and program reporting.
- A background working with or on successful political campaigns at a statewide or national level, including experience working with voter file data for targeting, testing and optimization.
- A strong expertise in the digital media and measurement platforms, including: Ad serving, Attribution, Programmatic DSPs, Search and Social, and DMPs, such as Adobe.
- A willingness to pull up your sleeves and deliver your own analysis, as well as building and managing empowered, efficient analytics teams
- Excitement and competency to train team members in how to build analytics strategies and develop reporting dashboards for key stakeholders.
- Strong project and time management skills
- Strong partnership, people and communication skills with a focus on problem solving
- A drive to constantly learn, evolve and share best practices
- Proven ability to act as a mentor, manager, project manager, and thought leader, all at the same time.
- Experience with segmentation, predictive modeling, regression and multivariate techniques is preferred
- Working exposure to SQL is preferred
- Manages the Analytics staff and programs, which entails program measurement strategies, team capacity, quality of work product and driving team members to develop key deliverables, including learning agendas, reporting dashboards, optimization recommendations and program performance summaries.
- Partners with Data Director to establish DMP audience analytics best practices including developing precision audience recommendation for campaigns and mining target audience data within the DMP for relevant and actionable insights
- Partners with Data Director to scope and execute advanced analytical solutions (incl. modeling, randomized-controlled tests, etc.) as called for by program learning agendas. Identifies needs and makes recommendations for necessary external tools and partner expertise needed to execute.
- With C-suite, VPs and Senior Directors, develops the strategic direction for analytics within the organization and reports back to senior management on program performance
- Consistently audits the organization’s Analytics outputs, identifying challenges, pain points, best practices, questions, and solutions to operationalize and automate further
- Sets standards and training needs for the Analytics team, including the evaluation of new and current data partners. Identifies new approaches to ensure research is cutting edge.
- Works with each member of Analytics team to develop personalized professional development goals and holds regular conversations to discuss progress.
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary band for this role starts at $125,000 / annually and will be commensurate with experience. We believe in compensating hard work, talent and innovation, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.
ACRONYM offers a competitive benefits package including a full suite of health benefits, paid time off, and flexible working arrangements.
Interested? Click here to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign lab and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.