ACRONYM is an organization committed to building political power and digital infrastructure for the progressive movement. We design and deploy strategic media, advertising and organizing programs to advance this mission and develop resources and trainings to empower other progressive organizations and campaigns to leverage digital tools, tactics and platforms to reach, inspire and mobilize people to take civic and political action. We believe in integrity, innovation, radical honesty, creative and measurable impact — and infuse those values into every program and partnership we take on.
To advance this work, ACRONYM is seeking a Campaign Director to support the strategic development and execution of digital organizing and media campaigns with our key partners that will advance progressive policies, values and candidates. This is a perfect opportunity for someone with a drive to constantly challenge conventional wisdom and traditional models and a keen understanding of structural and cultural barriers that prevent campaigns and movements from building political power or modern, nimble infrastructure. This full-time position will be based in Washington, D.C.
Reporting to: Political Director
Manages: Members of the Media and Creative teams as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years experience leading and winning electoral campaigns or politically-minded advocacy programs in the U.S., including experience leading a team
- Deep experience crafting campaign strategies that incorporate organizing, earned, and paid media tactics to deliver measurable impact
- A commitment to data-driven program design and impact, and a strong affinity for experimentation and testing, including an understanding of diverse testing methods and benchmarks related to social or political impact
- Entrepreneurial spirit that consistently looks for novel ways to approach problems
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to resolve complex and unfamiliar problems in a timely manner
- Experience managing funder, partner and political relationships, including strategic collaboration, coalition building, fundraising, coordinated experimentation and reporting desired, but not required
- A successful track record recruiting, managing and empowering a diverse team of people to reach their professional development goals
- Demonstrated project and time management skills
- A roll-up-your-sleeves and ego-free approach to the work and mission of the organization is a must
- Act as primary point of contact for key partner organizations as well as leading a team of media and creative professionals to deliver program effectively and efficiently
- Oversee strategic campaign and program planning efforts to establish program goals, key performance indicators, and the operational plans, capacity and accountability measures needed to achieve those goals
- Cultivate a testing culture by approving experiments to test assumptions and figuring out the most effective way to achieve outcomes
- Make strategic data-driven decisions on where to invest resources, capacity and strategic programs informed by our unique capabilities and opportunities to make the greatest impact
- Accountable for building efficient team processes and infrastructure for long-term campaign planning, rapid response and growth-minded scalability
- Identify and capitalize on external opportunities to drive thought leadership, earned media and dissemination of learnings and intellectual property throughout the progressive community
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary band for this role starts at $100,000 / annually and will be commensurate with experience. We believe in compensating hard work, talent and innovation, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them. ACRONYM offers a competitive benefits package including a full suite of health benefits, paid time off, and flexible working arrangements.
Interested? Click here to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign lab and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.