ACRONYM is a nonprofit organization committed to building power and digital infrastructure for the progressive movement. Since its creation in March 2017, ACRONYM has run dozens of targeted media programs to educate, inspire, register, and mobilize voters, and has worked with dozens of partners to accelerate their advocacy programs and investments.
We are currently seeking a Chief Financial Officer to oversee our budgets, financial systems, risk management, internal controls and compliance. The person in this role will be a key member of the Leadership Team reporting directly to the CEO.
To apply, please reach out to us at [email protected].
Chief Financial Officer
- Ensures adherence to generally accepted accounting practices, legal, regulatory, and fiduciary requirements.
- Maintains all reporting activities to include cash flow projections, balance sheets, P+L statements, and budgeting.
- With the Leadership Team + Board, develops strategic options that support the mission, ensuring that the economic model of the organization and underlying systems and structures effectively support our programmatic work.
- Work with the CEO to prepare Board presentations and attend necessary Board and Donor meetings.\
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place, including compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws.
- Manage audits and generation of financial statements, and timely submission of legally required filings and tax documents.
- Provide actionable analysis regarding financial performance, trends, and long-term forecasts.
- Ensures optimal revenues, identifies areas for cost/productivity improvements.
- Determines impact of financial risk when formulating new programs and or partnerships.
- Additional projects/responsibilities as required in a rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA certification
- MBA preferred
- 10 + years finance/accounting experience
- A track record in 501c4s and 527s as relates to compliance and reporting of government, corporate, foundation, and individual funding is essential
- Experience with FEC reporting
- Demonstrated leadership in managing diverse teams and the foresight and ability to delegate accordingly
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and skill in setting and managing multiple priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems
- Ability to build effective partnerships and influence other leaders
- Dedication and commitment to ACRONYM’s mission
Starting Salary: $200,000
Compensation and Benefits:
We believe in compensating hard work, talent and innovation, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them. Salary will be commensurate with experience. ACRONYM also offers a competitive benefits package including a full suite of health benefits, paid time off, and flexible working arrangements.
Interested? Reach out to us at [email protected]. You look forward to hearing from you!
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign lab and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.