ACRONYM is a first of its kind non profit organization committed to building power and digital infrastructure for the progressive movement. We are currently seeking a critical member of the team- a Chief of Staff – who we are hoping to find as fast as possible.
The Chief of Staff will be a key member of the Leadership Team who will be empowered to represent and speak on behalf of the CEO both internally and with outside stakeholders. Therefore, this person should have at least 10 years professional experience, high political acumen, experience implementing and maintaining accountability measures and an intense passion for ACRONYM’s mission.
This will be a full-time position based in Washington, D.C. Click here to apply.
Chief of Staff
Objectives of this role:
The role of ACRONYM’s Chief of Staff will be to build and maintain a better support structure around the CEO, Tara McGowan. This structure should create an environment in which the CEO’s time is spent strategically, there is a reciprocal flow of information from the CEO to the Leadership Team and the whole organization and that our CEO has eyes and ears across programs for accountability and tracking against goals.
Daily and monthly responsibilities:
- Develop systems to hold managers at all levels accountable for program deliverables and status updates.
- Represent the CEO in internal and external meetings as needed.
- Staff CEO for meetings and other events/conferences to build relationships and track follow ups.
- Managing special assistant and scheduler to ensure that CEO’s time is being spent strategically.
- Build on long term schedules/calendars for trips
- Build on long term schedules/calendar for events
- Serve as connective tissue between CEO and Leadership Team; especially when CEO is on the road.
- Build and develop relationships with all employees for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies, working with CEO and executives on special projects.
Required skills and Qualifications:
- Strong political acumen and mission alignment.
- Experience managing a principal.
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments.
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form.
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity.
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives.
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication.
- Nimble mind with a focus on developing creative solutions.
Helpful skills and qualifications
- Experience with sophisticated project management tools.
- Proven success in a project coordination role with multiple teams.
- Experience in a startup or startup like environment.
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary for this will be commensurate with experience. We provide a wide range of benefits including health and dental insurance. We believe in compensating hard work, talent and grit, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.
Interested? Click here to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you.
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign lab and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.