Hi! We’re ACRONYM.
We’re a non-profit committed to building power and lasting digital infrastructure for a new progressive movement.
We design, develop, and deploy sophisticated digital marketing campaigns to advance progressive causes. But no more dry, traditional political ads — we want to entertain and make people feel something by combining culture and politics in new, fresh, and compelling ways.
To do this, we’re building the best and most diverse creative team in politics. And we’re looking for innovative creative content makers from inside and outside politics who aren’t afraid to take some strategic, interesting swings.
To advance this work, ACRONYM is seeking a Content Producer. This is a full-time position and will be based in Washington, D.C. Click here to apply!
The Content Producer will work hands-on with the Head of Content and a team of Editors, Designers, and a Motion Graphics Editor to shepherd content through all aspects of production.
You will work together to brainstorm and pitch new ideas and drive the creative production process, from development to shooting to post to delivery. Along the way, you’ll continually look for ways to optimize processes and workflows, address notes, problem solve, and dig for source material to help bring each piece of content to fruition efficiently.
The ideal candidate is:
- A dynamic, highly conceptual, and innovative creative thinker that loves making digital content. You should have the ability to tell a wide variety of stories of varying tones and styles. From comedy and satire to explainer videos and aspirational verite, you will do it all. If there are specific areas you specialize in, that’s great too.
- Unafraid to question convention, loves blue sky brainstorming, always asks “what if,” and constantly brings fresh ideas to the table even when they’re not asked to, but can also turn that idea into a piece of content on a dime.
- Has a deep understanding of pop culture, Internet culture, digital video and social media platforms from YouTube to TikTok, and how people consume digital content.
- Politically engaged. You don’t have to have direct political experience, but you have to have a voracious appetite for current affairs. The wind changes direction constantly in our business and we must always be prepared to respond.
- Has a proven track record of being a team player, collaborating with other teams and a variety of stakeholders to ensure full understanding of creative and strategic objectives, execute projects accurately, and deliver them on time.
- Has a nimble and flexible attitude as project needs and deadlines can and will be dynamic.
- Unfazed by a fast-paced, high stakes environment with fast turnaround times. Comfortable juggling multiple projects at one time.
- A scrappy and resourceful problem solver who proactively seeks out answers.
- Lives in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area (or is willing to relocate).
Skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 4-6 years of work experience in TV, video, or digital creative roles.
- Firm understanding of the entire production process, from pitch to publish, and ideally has work experience that spans several of those steps.
- Paid digital content experience or advanced experience working with short form content, primarily :15s and static graphics (but also :06’s, :30s, 1:00s).
- Serious scriptwriting chops. You know how to develop multiple concepts against a single brief and turn them into scripts.
- Ability to break down complicated topics into simple, bite-sized, easy to digest concepts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and Adobe Premiere.
- Always open and willing to experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions, and incorporating data and analytics insights into creative refreshes as needed.
- Strong QA skills and attention to detail.
- As comfortable executing ideas with original material as you are with sourced materials.
Big plus if you have:
- Hands-on editing and motion graphics experience
- Copywriting experience
- Physical production experience
- Experience incorporating digital analytics into workflow
- Fluency in meme and animated GIF culture and experience making them
Along with your resume, interested applicants should include a website, portfolio, work samples, or reel demonstrating their previous work. If you’ve only had the opportunity to work on traditional political ads or on creatively safe projects, show us what you do when no one is looking, what hits the cutting room floor, spec work, or your personal passion projects to show us what you can really do.
Compensation and Benefits:
The starting salary for this role is $80,000/year and will be commensurate with experience. We believe in compensating hard work, talent and innovation, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.
ACRONYM also offers a competitive benefits package including a full suite of health benefits, paid time off, and flexible working arrangements.
Interested? Click here to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign lab and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.