Progressive firm Lockwood Strategy Lab is hiring to support the mission of ACRONYM, an organization committed to building political power and digital infrastructure for the progressive movement. We design and deploy strategic media, advertising, and organizing programs to advance this mission and develop resources and trainings to empower other progressive organizations and campaigns to leverage digital tools, tactics, and platforms to reach, inspire and mobilize people to take civic and political action. We believe in integrity, innovation, radical honesty, creative and measurable impact — and infuse those values into every program and partnership we take on.
To advance this work, Lockwood Strategy Lab is seeking a Content Producer on a contract basis. Click here to apply!
The Content Producer will work hands-on with the Head of Content and a team of Editors, Designers, and a Motion Graphics Editor to shepherd content through all aspects of production.
You will work together to brainstorm and pitch new ideas and drive the creative production process, from development to shooting to post to delivery. Along the way, you’ll continually look for ways to optimize processes and workflows, address notes, problem-solve, and dig for source material to help bring each piece of content to fruition efficiently.
The ideal candidate is:
- A dynamic, highly conceptual, and innovative creative thinker that loves making digital content. You should have the ability to tell a wide variety of stories of varying tones and styles. From comedy and satire to explainer videos and aspirational verite, you will do it all. If there are specific areas you specialize in, that’s great too.
- Unafraid to question convention, loves blue sky brainstorming, always asks “what if,” and constantly brings fresh ideas to the table even when they’re not asked to, but can also turn that idea into a piece of content on a dime.
- Has a deep understanding of pop culture, Internet culture, digital video, and social media platforms from YouTube to TikTok, and how people consume digital content.
- Politically engaged. You don’t have to have direct political experience, but you have to have a voracious appetite for current affairs. The wind changes direction constantly in our business and we must always be prepared to respond.
- Has a proven track record of being a team player, collaborating with other teams, and a variety of stakeholders to ensure full understanding of creative and strategic objectives, execute projects accurately, and deliver them on time.
- Has a nimble and flexible attitude as project needs and deadlines can and will be dynamic.
- Unfazed by a fast-paced, high stakes environment with fast turnaround times. Comfortable juggling multiple projects at one time.
- A scrappy and resourceful problem solver who proactively seeks out answers.
Skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 4-6 years of work experience in TV, video, or digital creative roles.
- Firm understanding of the entire production process, from pitch to publish, and ideally has work experience that spans several of those steps.
- Paid digital content experience or advanced experience working with short form content, primarily :15s and static graphics (but also :06’s, :30s, 1:00s).
- Serious scriptwriting chops. You know how to develop multiple concepts against a single brief and turn them into scripts.
- Ability to break down complicated topics into simple, bite-sized, easy to digest concepts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and Adobe Premiere.
- Always open and willing to experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions, and incorporating data and analytics insights into creative refreshes as needed.
- Strong QA skills and attention to detail.
- As comfortable executing ideas with original material as you are with sourced materials.
Big plus if you have:
- Hands-on editing and motion graphics experience
- Copywriting experience
- Physical production experience
- Experience incorporating digital analytics into workflow
- Fluency in meme and animated GIF culture and experience making them
Along with your resume, interested applicants should include a website, portfolio, work samples, or reel demonstrating their previous work. If you’ve only had the opportunity to work on traditional political ads or on creatively safe projects, show us what you do when no one is looking, what hits the cutting room floor, spec work, or your personal passion projects to show us what you can really do.
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary for this role is $7,500/month and will be commensurate with experience. We believe in compensating hard work, talent, and grit, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them. This is a contract role and is slated to end on 11/13/2020.
Interested? Click here to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Lockwood Strategy Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.