ACRONYM is an organization that specializes in digital organizing and marketing strategies to help create change and build progressive political power in the world. Our work empowers progressive organizations and campaigns to use digital tools and channels to reach, inspire and mobilize people to take action. We believe in integrity, innovation, and unabiding persistence — and those values guide the work that we do on every project we are grateful to partner on.
ACRONYM is seeking a creative director to build and manage our creative team. This full-time position can be based in Washington DC, New York, Denver, or can be filled remotely for the right candidate. Click here to apply!
Reporting to: Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
Manages: Creative staff, including designers, content producers and freelance talent
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years-experience developing digital brand and campaign experiences that drive results
- A successful track record building and leading teams of Design, Copy, Video and Production resources that deliver creative recommendations, concepts and production assets according to established deadlines and budget.
- A background working with or on successful political campaigns at a statewide or national level.
- A proven, subject matter expert in the field of design, content development, writing, strategy, or production with a focus in digital marketing.
- Proficient in all creative software packages
- Comfort working in a fast-pace, ever changing environment and ability to motivate a team to thrive in this culture
- Experience leading client and partner relationships with a focus strategic collaboration, expectation management, clear communication and smart recommendations based on creative expertise.
- Ability to manage a budget and creative resources across multiple projects at the same time.
- A strong aptitude for experimentation and testing that runs at the core of team culture
- Strong project and time management skills
- Strong partnership, people and communication skills
- A drive to constantly learn, evolve and share best practices
- Proven ability to act as a mentor, manager, project manager, and thought leader, all at the same time.
- Lead the newly forming creative team by expressing a clear creative vision, driving a culture of curiosity and collaboration and inspiring breakthrough ideas for our programs across a diverse range of channels including web, mobile, video, branding and more.
- Act as the key relationship lead with senior leadership and internal stakeholders, being held accountable for meeting the political and creative goals of your team’s assignments.
- Partner with Sr. Campaign Directors, Media Directors, Data & Analytics Directors, and other groups at Acronym to set expectations for deliverables.
- Effectively manage creative staffing and resource allocation across all Acronym programs and campaigns.
- Manage the career development of all creative team members as a motivating and inspiring force in the company that gets the best performance out of people.
- Be a go-getter with an entrepreneurial attitude and passion for innovative solutions and creative experiences that drive progress for our causes
- Package creative concepts and present to internal stakeholders in persuasive, articulate and compelling ways — charismatic story-telling skills are a must
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary band for this role starts at $125,000 / annually and will be commensurate with experience. We believe in compensating hard work, talent and innovation, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.
ACRONYM offers a competitive benefits package including a full suite of health benefits, paid time off, and flexible working arrangements.
Interested? Click here to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign lab and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.