Progressive firm Lockwood Strategy is hiring a Digital Platforms (Social Media) Associate/Manager to build social growth for client ACRONYM. Lockwood Strategy is in search of a social media expert to manage the growth of several of the organizations’ social media platforms and the regular distribution of campaign content in the lead up to Election Day. We’re looking for an organized, creative individual with a track record of growth who’s unafraid to ask for shares/amplification and build cross-organizational relationships.
While this position is ideally full-time, contract role through Election Day.
Digital Platforms Associate/Manager
The ideal candidate will have:
- Approximately 2-3 years of experience developing and managing short and long-term social media strategies for a public brand with a highly-engaged following
- Experience developing content for a variety of platforms, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok
- Proven success at exponentially growing and sustaining an engaged social media following on at least one channel
- Experience executing rapid response campaigns, either for political or corporate brands
- Keen understanding and demonstrated knowledge of evolving best practices across multiple social media platforms, and an ability to analyze data and use those learnings to optimize social growth.
- Strong project and time management skills and a drive to constantly innovate, create and learn
- Experience with producing social media static, gif and/or video content and Adobe Photoshop proficiency is preferred.
- A background working with political campaigns or advocacy organizations is desired but not required. A passion for politics is required.
- Develop and execute short-term social media strategies that grow both engagement and following of several ACRONYM accounts
- Leverage social listening to inform and curate for daily content strategy across platforms
- Create and execute community management best practices that increase engagement
- Monitor, compile, and utilize data regularly and effectively to inform decision-making and content strategy
- Leverage paid media strategies to complement organic and owned social media content to grow audiences and amplify ACRONYM brand voice among various communities, including voters, influencers and media
- Develop creative content and copy ideas for social media channels unique to specific platforms
- Enforce quality assurance systems to ensure content is within spec and error-free
- Build trust with external partners through the development of joint social media strategies and content, when applicable and necessary
- A roll-up-your-sleeves, flexible, and ego-free approach to the work and mission of the organization is a must
The salary band for this role is $5,000/month and will be commensurate with experience. We believe in compensating hard work, talent and grit, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.
Interested? Click here to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Women, people of color, those with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.