ACRONYM is an organization committed to building political power and digital infrastructure for the progressive movement. We design and deploy strategic media, advertising and organizing programs to advance this mission and develop resources and trainings to empower other progressive organizations and campaigns to leverage digital tools, tactics and platforms to reach, inspire and mobilize people to take civic and political action. We believe in integrity, innovation, radical honesty, creative and measurable impact — and infuse those values into every program and partnership we take on.
To advance this work, ACRONYM is seeking a dynamic Director of People Operations to help our organization scale our human capital strategy and functions. As Director of People Operations, you will own our people infrastructure and work to ensure that we are able to support, develop and retain our fast growing, highly talented team. You’ll leverage your knowledge of recruiting, benefits, compensation, employee relations, compliance, HRIS, & more to develop innovative and forward-thinking systems in support of our staff and organizational goals. Click here to apply!
This is a full-time position based in Washington, D.C., or New York.
Director of People Operations
Reporting to: Chief of Staff
The ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years of generalist experience in human resources or directly related field. Experience in organizational design, employer branding, and learning and development is preferred
- HR certification (i.e. SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP) is a plus
- Experience scaling a team from startup to high growth stage of company life cycle
- Experience working in a political and/or fast-paced mission-driven organization preferred
- Ability to create and restructure HR processes, including total rewards, coaching, performance management, compliance/labor relations, and HRIS systems
- High level of interpersonal skills and quick to build trust — objective, confident and clear communications.
- Self-driven and diligent project manager who is highly process-driven, organized, detailed, and able to independently follow-through on commitments.
- Creative and strategic thinker with an ability to use data to inform decisions
- Proficient with Google Suite
- Strong working knowledge of entire Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- A reputation for being a results-driven team player with a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- A track record of excellent time management, as well as oral and written communication skillsPositive attitude and collaborative approach to teamwork and problem solving
- Lead and manage Lockwood Strategy’s people operations functions through a period of high growth and change, implementing scalable HR practices and policies
- Position the organization as a top employer-brand by maintaining a competitive total rewards package and attractive and informative marketing to potential candidates.
- Develop onboarding, training, and professional development programming to grow our teams’ capabilities and support organizational goals, as well as overall employee development, job satisfaction, and retention
- Lead and guide talent acquisition; building an intentionally diverse pipeline of candidates who represent the organization’s values and meet or exceed position requirements; also developing strategies to streamline the hiring process (job postings, interviews, recruiting, retention, on-boarding)
- Serve as business partner to organizational leaders and managers to establish shared management values and best practices
- Lead and iterate on performance review processes, & support team members across ACRONYM with career development
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal and compliance requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risk and ensuring federal and state regulatory compliance; liaise with internal and external legal counsel as needed on all employment related matters
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary band for this role starts at $115,000 / annually and will be commensurate with experience. We believe in compensating hard work, talent and innovation, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.
ACRONYM offers a competitive benefits package including a full suite of health benefits, paid time off, and flexible working arrangements.
Interested? Click here to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign lab and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.