ACRONYM is an organization committed to building power and digital infrastructure for the progressive movement. We design and deploy strategic media, advertising, and organizing programs to advance this mission and develop resources and trainings to empower other progressive organizations and campaigns to leverage digital tools, tactics, and platforms to reach, inspire and mobilize people to take civic and political action. We believe in integrity, innovation, radical honesty, creative and measurable impact — and infuse those values into every program and partnership we take on.
The goal of the program is to recruit and train a cohort of enthusiastic progressives equipping them with the skills they need to contribute to high-impact progressive campaigns in the future. Our express goal is to grow the bench of talented, digital natives who can make an immediate impact on campaigns.
For this specific role, we are currently seeking a Finance and Accounting Intern to help implement and maintain our finance systems and processes.
Finance and Accounting Intern
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assist in executing and recording financial transactions in accordance with best practices.
- Help build financial models and processes for program and department managers to quantify financial impacts of strategic decisions.
- Assist Senior Director of Finance in analyzing financial statements to ensure optimal resource allocation and forecast.
- Assist to ensure compliance with internal controls
- Help manage internal processes are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Huge Plus if:
- Prior Quickbooks, Netsuite, or Concur Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for progressive organizing, electoral politics, and social change — and an intention to start a career in electoral politics or advocacy
- The ability to learn quickly, adapt to new information and changing circumstances, and to pivot from one idea or project to another in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A “no task is too big or too small” attitude, and the willingness to pitch in and be a team player
- The ability to synthesize information and ask questions to identify the best tactics
Applications are open now. Screening will begin effective July 15th, 2020, and will be on a rolling basis until our intern slot is filled. Please include a resume and cover letter. If you are seeking college credit for this internship, please let us know the requirements of your college or university.
This is a paid internship — interns will be expected to work at least 25 hours/week and will be paid $15/hour. We believe in compensating hard work, talent, and grit, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.
Interested? Click here to submit your application. You look forward to hearing from you!
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign lab and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.