ACRONYM is an organization that specializes in digital organizing and marketing strategies to help create change and build progressive political power in the world. Our work empowers progressive organizations and campaigns to use digital tools and channels to reach, inspire and mobilize people to take action. We believe in integrity, innovation, and unabiding persistence — and those values guide the work that we do on every project we are grateful to partner on.
ACRONYM is seeking a graphic designer. This full-time freelance position and will be based in Washington, DC. Click here to apply!
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years work experience
- Portfolio demonstrating work
- Well-rounded knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrated ability to use color, style, images, and typography to create
- Ability to generate new ideas and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong conceptual skills
- A highly creative and self-motivated attitude
- Experience with animation desired, but not required
- Passion for progressive politics
Skills that would be a plus:
- Experience in politics or progressive organizations
- Web design
- Motion graphics
- Proactively pitches ideas to communicate concepts through visual design
- Identifies ways to adapt deliverables for rapid response
- Maintains brand tone & identity through designs
- Communicates openly across the team to ensure appropriate and timely dissemination of content
- Works with manager to make sure that work is delivered on brief, and manages priorities and scheduling across many projects at once
- Seeks out learning opportunities to master new design skills
- Consistently shares examples of innovation in their area of expertise with the team to inspire new ideas
- Asks insightful questions to clarify feedback to inform the final product
- Leverages a strong working relationship with other departments to come up with novel approaches to solving problems
- Ensures accuracy and attention to detail to meet or exceed overall design objectives
- Set a positive, fun and inspiring team culture guided by ACRONYM’s overarching values (empowerment, innovation, impact, empathy, and radical honesty)
Interested? Click here to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
The monthly full-time rate for this role starts at $6,500 – $8,000 per month and will be commensurate with experience. We believe in compensating hard work, talent and grit, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign lab and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.