ACRONYM is an organization committed to building power and digital infrastructure for the progressive movement. We design and deploy strategic media, advertising and organizing programs to advance this mission and develop resources and trainings to empower other progressive organizations and campaigns to leverage digital tools, tactics and platforms to reach, inspire and mobilize people to take civic and political action. We believe in integrity, innovation, radical honesty, creative and measurable impact — and infuse those values into every program and partnership we take on.
To advance this work, ACRONYM is seeking a media planner to help run digital paid media campaigns. This full-time position and can be based in Washington DC, New York, Denver, or can be filled remotely for the right candidate. Click here to apply!
Reporting to: Associate Media Director
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years experience building cross-platform and fully integrated, digital paid marketing programs
- A refined understanding of how marketing, creative, planning, media, technology, and analytics integrate
- The ability to create an innovative media strategy and recommend KPI metrics that map back to overarching campaign goals
- The ability to persuasively and passionately articulate media strategies
- Skilled understanding of trends and best practices across all digital platforms and channels
- Superior analytical skills and experience using data for storytelling, strategic thinking and a critical eye with attention to detail
- Desire to collaborate with campaign strategy and creative teams to build the most impactful and efficient programs possible
- Desire to seek out innovative ways to test tactics and leverage new digital platforms to conduct testing, analyze results and inform future media decisions
- The ability to clearly communicate campaign recommendations and performance to internal and external teams
- Intermediate or advanced experience in running ads via Facebook, Google, programmatic, OTT, and other digital ad buy platforms
- Advanced Excel abilities, including the use of (and not limited to) pivot tables & look-up functions
- Experience developing and executing program reporting (experience in Google Data Studio is a plus)
- Positive attitude and collaborative approach to work
- A background working with political campaigns or advocacy organizations is desired but not required
- A drive to constantly learn, evolve and share best practices with media team and the broad org
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to build scenarios, budgets, calculators based on a list of priorities in terms of strategic objectives, testing opportunities, messaging priorities, creative deliverables, and specs.
- Build target audiences and identify supplemental opportunities to reach target demographics, including pulling lists from voter file platforms
- Develop and clearly articulate media plan scenarios by evaluating partner requirements, proposing an audience strategy, evaluating available inventory, and recommending efficient reach & frequencies, and number of creative refreshes
- Optimize and adjust media plan in real-time throughout campaign to reflect changes or new information throughout execution of program
- Proactively build out a repository of all digital inventory options and be able to weigh the cost and benefits for programs with varying budgets
- Identify opportunities to test new vendors or inventory and work with campaign team to execute tests, analyze results and use to optimize future media decisions
- Gather, organize, and present competitive research and spending data to share during team meetings
- Develop an advanced understanding targeting options and work with campaign strategist and creative to integrate into program strategy
- Provide clear key performance indicators utilizing overarching campaign goals and optimize media strategy to said KPIs
- Provide detailed reporting, pacing, and insight-driven analysis for owned programs on a weekly basis
- Take ownership of and retain accountability for partner media plans and budgets
- In partnership with ad ops, manage the execution of self-service campaigns in various digital platforms
Compensation and Benefits
The salary band for this role starts at $80,000 / annually and will be commensurate with experience. We provide a wide range of benefits including health and dental insurance. We believe in compensating hard work, talent and grit, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.
Interested? Click here to submit your application. The position is located in either our DC, New York City, or Denver office.
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign lab and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.