Hi! We’re ACRONYM.
We’re a non-profit committed to building power and lasting digital infrastructure for a new progressive movement.
We design, develop, and deploy sophisticated digital marketing campaigns to advance progressive causes. But no more dry, traditional political ads — we want to entertain and make people feel something by combining culture and politics in new, fresh, and compelling ways.
To do this, we’re building the best and most diverse creative team in politics. And we’re looking for innovative creative content makers from inside and outside politics who aren’t afraid to take some strategic, interesting swings.
To advance this work, ACRONYM is seeking a Motion Graphics Editor. This is a full-time position and will be based in Washington D.C. Click here to apply!
Motion Graphics Editor
A highly conceptual and original thinker, you will be responsible for animation output and delivering high-quality and innovative motion graphic content. You will work hand-in-hand with a team of Content Producers, Creative Strategists, and Designers to ideate and drive the concept and layout for your projects from conceptualization to finish, consulting directly with the Head of Content.
Using your creative thinking skills and range of varied styles and techniques, you elevate every piece of content you touch, finding original and eye-grabbing ways to lure an audience in immediately.
The ideal candidate:
- Is a dynamic, highly conceptual, and innovative creative thinker that loves making digital content. You should have the ability to tell a wide variety of stories of varying tones and styles. From comedy and satire to explainer videos and aspirational verite, you will do it all. If there are specific areas you specialize in, that’s great too.
- Is unafraid to question convention, loves blue sky brainstorming, always asks “what if,” and constantly brings fresh ideas to the table even when they’re not asked to, but can also turn that idea into a piece of content on a dime.
- Has a deep understanding of pop culture, Internet culture, digital video and social media platforms from YouTube to TikTok, and how people consume digital content.
- Is politically engaged. You don’t have to have direct political experience, but you have to have a voracious appetite for current affairs. The wind changes direction constantly in our business and we must always be prepared to respond.
- Has a proven track record of being a team player, collaborating with other teams and a variety of stakeholders to ensure full understanding of creative and strategic objectives, execute projects accurately, and deliver them on time.
- Has a nimble and flexible attitude as project needs and deadlines can and will be dynamic.
- Is unfazed by a fast-paced, high stakes environment with fast turnaround times. Comfortable juggling multiple projects at one time.
- Is a scrappy and resourceful problem solver who proactively seeks out answers.
- Lives in the Washington, DC metropolitan area (or is willing to relocate).
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 4-6 years of work experience in TV, video, or digital creative roles.
- Expert in Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, and other associated tools with a demonstrated track record of executing ideas on tight turnaround times.
- Believes that motion graphics is a storytelling vehicle in and of itself and not just a way to make things look pretty.
- Exceptional creative thinking skills that exhibit a range of varied styles and techniques, but excels at economical and highly visual, attention-grabbing storytelling.
- Extensive knowledge of post-production workflow and the latest post-production techniques.
- Paid digital content experience or advanced experience working with short form content, primarily :15s (but also :06’s, :30s, 1:00s).
- Great eye for style, design, and typography with a strong, diverse portfolio of examples to back it up
- Insatiable curiosity for new and innovative design and motion graphics techniques and solutions.
- Familiar and comfortable with a wide range of camera acquisition formats (RED, Alexa, GoPro, Sony, Canon, etc.) and compression techniques
- Firm grasp of color space, bit depth, mattes, chroma-keying, compositing
- Experience collaborating with Editors, Producers, and other Designers to tackle technical and design challenges.
- Comfortable and adept at pitching ideas under the guidance and direction of the Head of Content.
- Always open and willing to experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions, and incorporating data and analytics insights into creative refreshes as needed.
- Experience with editing live-action editorial spots and motion graphics spots
- Proficient with a variety of third-party motion graphics plug-ins (Mocha, Trapcode Suite, DUIK)
Big plus if you have:
- Fluency in meme and animated GIF culture and experience making them
Along with your resume, interested applicants should include a website, portfolio, work samples, or reel demonstrating their previous work. If you’ve only had the opportunity to work on traditional political ads or on creatively safe projects, show us what you do when no one is looking, what hits the cutting room floor, spec work, or your personal passion projects to show us what you can really do.
Compensation and Benefits:
We believe in compensating hard work, talent and innovation, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
ACRONYM also offers a competitive benefits package including a full suite of health benefits, paid time off, and flexible working arrangements.
Interested? Click here to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign lab and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.