ACRONYM is an organization that specializes in digital organizing and marketing strategies to help create change and build progressive political power in the world. Our work empowers progressive organizations and campaigns to use digital tools and channels to reach, inspire and mobilize people to take action. We believe in integrity, innovation, and unabiding persistence — and those values guide the work that we do on every project we are grateful to partner on.
ACRONYM is seeking a paid media director to run a growing digital media team. This full-time position and can be based in Washington DC, New York, Denver, or can be filled remotely for the right candidate. Click here to apply!
PAID MEDIA DIRECTOR
Reporting to: CMO in the short term, VP of Paid Media once hired
Manages: Media staff, with Media Planners and Ad Ops Associates as direct reports
The ideal candidate will have:
- A successful track record of building and managing a variety of simultaneous multi-channel digital media programs from start to finish that maximize results for acquisition, engagement, brand lift, and political objectives like persuasion, registration and turnout
- 10+ years-experience in digital-first paid marketing programs
- Experience leading client and partner relationships with a focus strategic collaboration, expectation management, clear communication and smart recommendations based on media expertise and program reporting.
- A background working with or on successful political campaigns at a statewide or national level, as well as managing multi-million dollar paid media budgets across 5-10 campaigns in a given cycle
- A history of building and managing empowered, efficient digital teams, including the ability to deliver feedback effectively and gracefully
- A strong expertise in the digital media landscape, including a depth of knowledge and curiosity relating to consumer behavior trends and the media platforms that reach them
- Excitement and competency to train team members in how to develop media strategies, build tactical recommendations and design methodologies for media testing.
- A strong aptitude for experimentation and testing that runs at the core of team culture
- Strong project and time management skills
- Strong partnership, people and communication skills
- A drive to constantly learn, evolve and share best practices
- Proven ability to act as a mentor, manager, project manager, and thought leader, all at the same time.
- Manages Media staff and programs, which entails tracking budgets, team capacity, quality of work product and driving team members to meet deliverables.
- With C-suite, VPs and Senior Directors, develops the strategic direction for paid media within assigned programs and reports back to senior management on performance
- Oversees the management of media partner relationships, including with Facebook, Google, Snapchat, Programmatic Partners, Pinterest, Hulu, Twitter, Pandora, etc.
- Set standards and training needs for the Media team, ensuring the team stays up to date on shifting ad product portfolios and rules of engagement across media partners.
- Consistently audits the organization’s Media outputs, identifying challenges, pain points, best practices, questions, and solutions to operationalize and automate further
- With the Analytics team, develop reporting standards, as well as testing methodologies, to ensure program transparency and accountability.
- Works with each member of media team to develop personalized professional development goals and holds regular conversations to discuss progress.
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary band for this role starts at $125,000 / annually and will be commensurate with experience. We believe in compensating hard work, talent and innovation, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.
ACRONYM offers a competitive benefits package including a full suite of health benefits, paid time off, and flexible working arrangements.
Interested? Click here to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign lab and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.