ACRONYM is an organization committed to building power and digital infrastructure for the progressive movement. We design and deploy strategic media, advertising, and organizing programs to advance this mission and develop resources and trainings to empower other progressive organizations and campaigns to leverage digital tools, tactics, and platforms to reach, inspire, and mobilize people to take civic and political action. We believe in integrity, innovation, radical honesty, and making a creative, measurable impact — and infuse those values into every program and partnership we take on.
ACRONYM is seeking highly motivated individuals who are eager to learn about the world of progressive campaigning — from relational organizing to research, to communications and everything in-between. Interns will be expected to roll up their sleeves and pitch in on project work, which will help to solidify the learnings from their respective departments and provide real-world experience on fast-moving political strategy and campaign work.
The goal of the program is to recruit and train a cohort of enthusiastic progressives equipping them with the skills they need to contribute to high-impact progressive campaigns in the future. Our express goal is to grow the bench of talented, progressively-minded individuals who can make an immediate impact on campaigns and the broader progressive movement. This internship will be conducted remotely. Screening will begin on January 1, 2020.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for progressive organizing, electoral politics, and social change — and an intention to start a career in electoral politics or advocacy
- The ability to learn quickly, adapt to new information and changing circumstances, and to pivot from one idea or project to another in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A “no task is too big or too small” attitude, and the willingness to pitch in and be a team player
- The ability to synthesize information and ask questions to identify the best tactics
- A background including research, communications, finance, and/or data analysis is preferred.
- Attend weekly trainings, ask questions, and be proactive in mastering the content.
- Play an integral role in helping innovative campaigns mobilize voters, organize volunteers, and win campaigns.
- Commit to continued participation in ACRONYM’s learning community and applying the skills and knowledge learned during the internship program to work in the progressive movement.
This is a paid internship — interns will be expected to work at least 20 hours/week and will be paid $15/hour. We believe in compensating hard work, talent, and grit, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.
Applications are open now. Screening will begin effective January 1, 2020, and will be on a rolling basis until our intern slots are filled. Please include a resume and cover letter. If you are seeking college credit for this internship, please let us know the requirements of your college or university.
Interested? Click here to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign lab and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.