ACRONYM is an organization committed to building political power and digital infrastructure for the progressive movement. We design and deploy strategic media, advertising and organizing programs to advance this mission and develop resources and trainings to empower other progressive organizations and campaigns to leverage digital tools, tactics and platforms to reach, inspire and mobilize people to take civic and political action. We believe in integrity, innovation, radical honesty, creative and measurable impact — and infuse those values into every program and partnership we take on.
ACRONYM is seeking a Data + Analytics Associate to help us advance this work. This is a full-time position and can be based in Washington DC or New York. Click here to apply!
Data + Analytics Associate
Reporting to: Data Director
- You are excited to learn new skills and tools and are up for a challenge.
- You can bring creativity and new ideas and aren’t afraid to fail.
- You’re interested in sharing your knowledge with teammates and learning from them.
- You have strong oral and written communication skills and can explain your ideas clearly.
- You know enough about Excel / Google Sheets that you could teach people how to use them better—sorting, filtering, summing, counting, data cleanup, formatting data.
- You have strong time management and task management skills, with the ability to handle a variety of projects and work with a variety of teams.
- You have an astute attention to detail and can be diligent about producing accurate work
- You are responsible, organized, and able to work independently when needed.
- You’re interested in the intersection of data, tech, and politics and committed to using these tools to further the progressive mission.
- You can use Excel / Google Sheets to clean up and get to know a dataset: VLOOKUP, IFs, Pivot Tables, Conditional Formatting, nested functions, string functions.
- You have some basic SQL skills (we use Redshift and BigQuery).
- You have experience working on a campaign or for a similar political organization.
- You have worked with digital ad platforms (Facebook, Google) or with Google Analytics.
- You have experience trying to contact voters, volunteers, or donors.
- You’ve built charts, maps, or reports using tools such as Excel, Google Sheets, Google Data Studio, Tableau, or Periscope; you know a good-looking report from a bad one.
- You’ve had exposure to: R, Python, APIs, AWS, Google Cloud, GitHub, or Civis Platform.
- You have experiencing training other people, ideally on tools or technology.
- You have some basic stats knowledge and are comfortable learning more.
There are no formal education requirements for this position.
- Serving as a point person for the data we have available, its limitations, and how we can best utilize our resources to optimize our programs.
- Work with Campaign Directors to distill targeting goals into concrete audiences.
- Collaborate with other members of the Data & Analytics team as well as staff across the organization on a variety of projects.
- Train staff on how to better use existing tools and how to start using new ones.
- Write SQL queries to analyze campaign performance and determine success.
- Build dashboards tracking a variety of metrics to create a holistic understanding of a program.
- Work with Communications Team and other members of the Data and Analytics Team to analyze Ad Transparency Data as part of ACRONYM’s FWIW newsletter and related projects. Maintain current products, work with partners and media to identify additional needs, and explore what additional insights we can gain from the data.
Compensation and Benefits:
The starting salary for this role is $55,000/year and will be commensurate with experience. We believe in compensating hard work, talent and innovation, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.
ACRONYM also offers a competitive benefits package including a full suite of health benefits, paid time off, and flexible working arrangements.
Interested? Click here to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign lab and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.