ACRONYM Recommended Jobs
Social Media Manager
Emerson Collective (Palo Alto, CA)
Emerson Collective is seeking a Social Media Manager to manage daily development and execution of our social channels, including organization-wide accounts as well as campaign-specific social media properties. This is a full-time position to be based in Palo Alto, CA.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Approximately 3-5 years of experience developing and managing short and long-term social media strategies for a public brand with a highly-engaged following
- Experience developing content for a variety of platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Google etc.
- A track record of growing and sustaining an engaged social media following on at least one channel
- Experience developing, managing and executing rapid response campaigns
- Experience using paid media strategies across social platforms to expand reach of audience and deepen engagement of content
- Keen understanding and demonstrated knowledge of evolving best practices across multiple social media platforms
- Strong project and time management skills
- A drive to constantly innovate, create and learn
- Experience with producing social media static, gif and/or video content and Adobe Photoshop proficiency is preferred.
- Develop and execute long and short-term social media strategies that grow both engagement and following of the Emerson Collective
- Leverage social listening to inform and curate for daily content strategy across platforms
- Create and execute community management best practices that increase engagement
- Monitor, compile, and utilize data regularly and effectively to inform decision-making and content strategy
- Leverage paid media strategies to complement organic and owned social media content to grow audiences and amplify Emerson Collective brand voice among various communities, including voters, influencers and media
- Develop creative content and copy ideas for social media channels unique to specific platforms
- Enforce quality assurance systems to ensure content is within spec and error-free
- Codify best practices and learnings to train others both internally and externally
- Build trust with external partners through the development of joint social media strategies and content, when applicable and necessary
- A roll-up-your-sleeves and ego-free approach to the work and mission of the organization is a must
ABOUT EMERSON COLLECTIVE:
Emerson Collective is a social change organization that uses a broad range of tools including philanthropy, impact investing, and policy solutions to create the greatest good for the greatest number of people. Established and led by Laurene Powell Jobs, Emerson Collective is working to renew some of society’s most calcified systems, creating new possibilities for individuals, families, and communities.
Emerson Collective is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.
Interested? Click here to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!